Well, I gave the Physical Terrorist and anti-inflamatory a chance and hoped they would do the trick. I was supposed to call the doctor in two weeks (that was October 19th), but held out and finally called him, today.
They'll call me to schedule an MRI. The nurse told me to stop the PT and not to do anything strenuous. I asked if I could go camping and she asked me to hold on while I presume she was asking the doctor. The answer was no so I had to cancel plans to meet friends in south Georgia.
The doctor will call me with the results, and to talk about treatment options. He told me during the visit in October that dependent on the MRI, it might be possible to do a shot in the spine. If, however, he decides to do surgery, I'll be well enough to travel out west by March.
I've had worse pain in my life, and for a much longer period of time before a surgical fix. Still, pain wears one down, mentally, and when it takes away the simple pleasures (and obligations) in life, it starts to get depressing.
This is the last year that Jack and I will be able to travel. He's 10-1/2, now, and thank goodness in very good health. Seems like I picked one end up and dropped the other.
I winterized the trailer, today. Unfortunately, the first year I had it I remembered to bypass the water heater but forgot to drain it. It froze. I need tires before I go and I'd like to have an electric water heater installed, if that's possible. I managed to blow my eyebrows and eye lashes off and singed my hair trying to light the one that came with the trailer.
Well, here's hoping that whatever the treatment is, I will be able to bail early spring. Maybe even meet two of my best friends out in Yosemite to see the frazil ice!